Thread poster: Baran Keki
Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 23:43
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Totally arbitrary May 7

I had taken (the late?) Tom's advice and started using Google.co.uk or Google.de while logged off in a separate tab, and been able to see the number of search results that way up until 2-3 months ago when, to my surprise and delight, I saw the search results appear again on my regular Google page while logged in as a result of searching for something there by force of habit. So I've had no problems since then, even when I saw some people here were still complaining, till today...
I can't s
... See more
I had taken (the late?) Tom's advice and started using Google.co.uk or Google.de while logged off in a separate tab, and been able to see the number of search results that way up until 2-3 months ago when, to my surprise and delight, I saw the search results appear again on my regular Google page while logged in as a result of searching for something there by force of habit. So I've had no problems since then, even when I saw some people here were still complaining, till today...
I can't see the number of search results logged in or logged off, incognito, on co.uk or .de or in any other browser (tried only Firefox so far). There is no accounting for this behaviour. I've sent feedback to Google, but no dice.
Is anyone seeing the number of search results now? Would it help if I used VPN? What should I do?
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:43
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
after clicking on "Search filters" May 7

Baran Keki wrote:

Is anyone seeing the number of search results now? Would it help if I used VPN? What should I do?

I see the number when using google.de, .com and .it after clicking on "Search filters", it appears on the right of the SERP page (Firefox browser).

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
I don't want to click on anything May 7

Zea_Mays wrote:
I see the number when using google.de, .com and .it after clicking on "Search filters", it appears on the right of the SERP page (Firefox browser).

Yes, I can see it when I click on the "tools" option in both browsers, but that's extremely annoying and time consuming. I want to see the number of search results right away on the top left corner like before.

[Edited at 2024-05-07 10:08 GMT]

Zea_Mays

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Google.co.uk May 7

Search results in the UK version still worked yesterday, stopped today.

Small correction, unless you click on Tools. Then they are shown on the right side of the page for a change.

[Edited at 2024-05-07 09:51 GMT]

Lingua 5B
Petros Roussos

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
google.com May 7

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

Search results in the UK version still worked yesterday, stopped today.

Small correction, unless you click on Tools. Then they are shown on the right side of the page for a change.

[Edited at 2024-05-07 09:51 GMT]

Same applies for google.com (results on the right-hand side after clicking "Tools").

Emily Gilby
Emily Gilby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:43
Member (2018)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks May 8

Thank you for posting the word around (clicking on Tools). My hits disappeared yesterday (co.uk, .com and incognito so I assume all other variations too) so this knowledge helped me a great deal!

Baran Keki

Baran Keki
Türkiye
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
You're welcome! May 8

Emily Gilby wrote:

Thank you for posting the word around (clicking on Tools). My hits disappeared yesterday (co.uk, .com and incognito so I assume all other variations too) so this knowledge helped me a great deal!

I wish I was able to share a workaround to make the number appear on the top left corner as before without having to click on anything.
I urge everybody here suffering from this problem to send feedback to Google and let them know how annoying and inconvenient this omission is for hundreds of thousands of people.

Alişah Yardımcı

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google search results missing

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »